Sorry it's been so long but Mom hasn't had time to do my blog and her work at home so my blog suffered. The good news:
For the last 3 Sunday's we have gone to the bark park. Sorry I don't have pics but Dad is still doing poop duty. The first Sunday we went around 9am and Mom had her walker. After 3 laps Dad and I were both tired and hot. We stopped on the way home at the local Sonic drive in and Mom and Dad got lime aides. They didn't get me anything. Sniff.... The next Sunday (last Sunday) Mom used her cane to get to the bench on the North side of the park. We went at 9ish again and it was too dang hot. After one lap I put my foot (well paw & butt) down and wouldn't go any further. We left to go home and stopped at the Sonic again. Dad got a breakfast burrito and gave me the very end of it. Today we went to the park again but got there by 7am. Much cooler. My BFF Sassy and her new sister Phoebe were there. I haven't seen them since January. Mom talked to Sassy's dad and mom for a few minutes before we left. Sassy came up to Mom and gave her a sniff and lick and smiled at her. Mom was glad she got to see her. Sassy's Dad said they were worried about us since they hadn't seen us in so long. On the way back we stopped at Sonic again and Mom & Dad got breakfast burritos and Cranberry Slushes. Mom only ate half of her's and gave me the other half. It tasted pretty darn good.
Not too much else to tell. Some days are good for Mom and some aren't. She is having trouble keeping her blood readings from getting too low. A couple of times she has been near to passing out. Mom is still loosing weight. She is down to 185 lbs. She started at 236 lbs last September. She says that she hasn't been this skinny since she first met Dad.
Well- everyone else seems to doing this so...
1. Your age? 8 years old
2. Your age when came to live with your people? about 1 year old
3. What color is the collar you’re wearing right now? It is a washed out teal color
4. Who is your favorite person other than the people you live with? I don't have someone else.
5. How much do you weigh? 75 lbs
6. Most expensive thing you’ve ever chewed up? My dollies. Mom says they are a gazillion dollars a piece and threatens not to get me any more but I know she doesn't mean it.
7. Do you like other Dogs? I like some dogs. I like Sassy and her family and I love Jake (he wasn't there today- sigh)
8. Who is your best non-human friend? That would have to be Simon our 20lb lardbutt cat. For someone who isn't here in person, I'd have to say Miss Sunshade. She is so nice and her Mom is very nice too.
9. Squeaky Toys or Tennis Balls? Squeaky toys (dollies only). If it's not a dolly, it must die.
10. Do you like to be brushed? Mom uses the furminator on me. I don't mind it though.
11. Peanut Butter or Cheese? I love them both. Peanut Butter cookies for going in and out of the back door and cheese for any medicine I have to take.
12. Do your people cut your nails? Absolutely NOT. I won't even let Mom and Dad touch my paws. They have to take me to the vet to have it done.
13. Any formal education? I had a basic puppy class at Canine Country Club but I didn't learn much
14. Couch potato or Energizer Bunny? Couch Potato so to speak as I don't get up on furniture at all.
15. Five nicknames your people call you. Tsawie, Chuck, Charlie Chuck, Arrow Butt
16. What is your best trick? Catching Mr. Ring at the Bark Park.
17. Do you like kitties? I'd better- I live with 3 of them.
18. What did you have for breakfast? half a breakfast burrito (egg, ham, flour tortilla) and of course my daily meaty bone. Mom has the butcher trained well. They pick out the juciest meaty bones for me. Now when Mom get meat the butcher always asks- for you or for Charlie.
19. Can you hunt (aka have you ever killed anything living)? If so, what? A bird moving too slow across my airspace. I own the air above where my yard is so they are not entitled to be there.
20. When & why was the last time you went to the V.E.T.? I went for my shots and microchipping and nail trim this spring. Dad is making mutterings about my nails needing trimming.
Well- I'm off to a cool rest. It's too hot to be out (90's).