Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Barking in

New Years came in last night, not with a bang but with a bark. It wasn't even MY bark. It was my mom sounding like a wounded seal. Because she was out in the snow on Friday and Saturday, her bronk-itis came back really bad. She is gasping and barking. She has taken her drugs and cough medicine for the night so will go to bed very early tonight so she can make it up in time for work tomorrow. Much of Albuquerque streets are still snow packed and icy. It will take her extra time to get to work tomorrow.

New Years here did not have a lot of fireworks. It's kinda hard to light fireworks off when your farkels are freezing. I think a lot of people stayed home and watched TV. Mom and dad were supposed to go to a movie today but the parking lots of the malls aren't cleared of snow. Most malls found it easier to close. A lot of the church services were cancelled yesterday. Dad was back at Gma's to finish shoveling off her sidewalk and driveway. When he left, he backed up into the neighbor across the streets un-shovelled area and nearly got the truck stuck. A definite indication that tomorrow is not going to be good going to work at 6am.

On a lighter note- to make up for not being able to get to the bark park this weekend, my parents showered me with food. We had New England Boiled Dinner (Ham w/bone, potatoes, carrots, onions, cabbage). I got to keep the ham bones (even had a little meat on them). Today mom made leg of lamb (she just loves lamb). She doesn't do lamp chops cause she says that they are so small she could sniff them up her right nose. She only does leg of lamb. I got to keep the entire leg along with some meat on it. It was so good. The only bad thing is I can't bring it inside so I hope nothing steals it away.

I had a fine time getting my mom to get up frequently and let me out to chase those birds away. They kept coming back cause dad filled their feeder and left 2 suet cake feeders also for them. They seem like awfully greedy buggers.

Hope all my blogging buddies had a good and safe New Year.

C-K-C

11 comments:

Freda said...

HAPPY NEWS YEAR, Charlie!

Sorry to 'hear' about your mom's bronk-itis. Hope she gets wells soon.

Those pictures of all that snows reminds my dad of some of the big snows that fell in Los Alamos when he lived there far, far ways.

My humans were in Albacreeky this summer. Did you see them?

All that snows reminds my secretary of one two one two (one) reasons why we moved from Colorados. I like it, my humans don'ts.

Again, HAPPY NEWS YEAR and get well soons, Mom.

Wuufs!

Anonymous said...

Hope your Mummy feels better soon! Birdies are so annoying aren't they? They just fly down into your yard like they own it. I ALWAYS show them who is boss by chasing them away. Mummy and Daddy don't let me take my bones inside either. I used to be able to do it (on a mat) but Mummy said the smell made her pukey. Anyhow...

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Hi C-K-C,

Sorry to hear about your mom's barking. Our mom gets that too right after she gets a cold. We are hoping to skip that particular situation this year since she is even lazier than usual when she is sick. Those extra treats seem like a decent trade for the bark park. Maybe it will warm up and you can go next weekend.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Happy New year C-K-C

I hope your mum is soon feeling much better.

Licks,
Oscar x

e said...

Happy New Year, CKC!
Hope your mum feels better soon. I'm still in Singapore at the moment where it's all nice and tropical. But Eve comes next month to pick me up and we're off to Japan to begin our new lives!
p.s. what is snow? is it yummy?

love
Fei

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Ham bones ham bones dem ole ham bones! Happy New Year!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Fu Fu said...

Hey C-K-C. happy new year. hope your mum's feeling better now


~ fufu

Anonymous said...

Hey Charlie! You have been New Year Tagged! Come check out my blog for details!

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

Sunshade said...

Oh no... C-K-C, is your mom a little bit better now?? What's up with all the moms getting sick around X-mas and New Years?? I'm sure the snow over there in Albuquerque if definitely not helping, tell mommy and daddy to drive safe ok?

Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

fee said...

happy new year, charlie! may you enjoy many fun-filled hours at the bark park – along with treats and toys, of course!

loves,
fee

Studly Dudley said...

All the Mums are getting sick! I say HOORAY to this because this means they stay home and play with us. Well, my Mum doesn't play with me when she's sick but at least when she's incapacitated on the couch I get to torture her by sticking my big mouth in her face and breathing my stinky breath all over her.. which is even better than playing.
I hope your Mum's barkitis gets better and she can take you out to play again! At least those tasty bones will keep you occupied :)

Lovelovelicks,
Dudley