Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Snow and other things

It snowed today in Albuquerque. We don't often get snow. When we do, it is usually an inch or so and overnight. Everything is delayed by 2-4 hours in the morning cause no one knows how to drive on snow. Today, however, it started mid morning and by 2pm they closed the schools. Since people don't now how to drive on the stuff, everything got jammed up. My mom was let off of work at 2:30pm and she didn't arrive home til after 4pm. Normally the drive takes 45 minutes. She knows how to drive on snow (she grew up in New York state, south of Buffalo, in the snow belt) and has also lived in North Dakota. By the time she got home, she was very tired. Most of the way she had to drive 15 miles per hour. These are pictures of my driveway and front yard after my mom got home



























A couple of posts ago, FuFu asked for a picture of my boyfriend Jake. Below is a somewhat blurry picture of Jake running with someone else's ball (way to go Jake!)

















So far, I've gotten all the Xmas cards but 2. My parents can't believe it. I even got a card from my mom's high school boy friend. I also got the cutest stocking to hang up. My mom's best friend Becky made it specially for me. Mom gave her one of the calendars with my picture. Feliz Navidad is the Spanish way of saying Merry Christmas. This one is Fleas Navidad. She said Santa Paws would put treats in it for me.




















Buster mentioned that inside was where the big bed was. I don't get on couches or beds. I don't like the feeling of not having something firm under my feet. I don't like it when I go to the vet and they put me up on a table either. I just don't sleep very good in the house. I feel that I should always be listening for intruders. Also, I'm a black dog in a dark bedroom and my mom usually manages to stumble over me in the middle of the night, no matter where I am in the bedroom. Even with those little flashlites in the wall sockets she can't see me.

Well- I'm off for a quick tour of the snowy yard before bedtime.

C-K-C

14 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

What a kewl stocking! And it is a dog stocking, not a human foot one.

I have never seen snow. Did you like playing in it?
Festive wags-
Isabella
5 days till Santa

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

We don't get that snow stuff! Brrr!

Love that stocking! And Jake does look JUST LIKE Chester.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Charlie Kelley-Church said...

Linda & Isabella- I don't like playing in it. I don't have a lovely fur coat like you or Sunshade or the Huskies. Mom love the stocking because it is a dog stocking. Most stockings she has seen was like a human foot one.

Buster- when I first saw Jake, I thought "I've seen that dog somewhere". I had actually seen a picture of Chester.

C-K-C

Anonymous said...

Snow? I had to ask Mom and she said we get it about every 5 years here but it only last about a day. I hope we get some this year too. But not where it will mess everyone up. That sounded ruffffff. Your stocking is so "right on" cool.
Happy holidays!
Bella

Fu Fu said...

Hey C-K-C, Jake is a handsome doggie. :) And what a cute stocking you have. I'm sure santa paws will fill it with lots of presents. :)

~ fufu

Murphey said...

The same thing happens here in Dallas when it snows, the town shuts down and driving takes three times as long...crazy!

Murph the dog

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Love the stocking C-K-C :-) I hope it gets filled to the brim !

Merry Christmas to you and your family - I hope 2007 is full of lots of bones and treats :-)

Love
Opy

e said...

That's a very cool stocking!! We'd like one for Fei too...Maybe Eve will get creative and make one for next year.
Love
Fei & E

Hammer said...

Hey Charlie

I love your photos of the snow. We don't get snow here on the Gold Coast in Qld Australia and I'd really like it if my mum takes me to see snow one day.

Thank you very much for your beautiful Christmas card.

Your mum is right, Khomet the 'big white dog' is an Arabian. He's a Polish Arabian and his grandfather was Ambition, who was born in the USA. Mum didn't know any of this. She bought Khomet from a photo. Everyone told her she was crazy. But she wasn't crazy. Khomet has lots of health problems which is why he has a special diet and herbs. Also, most importantly, Khomet travelled 24 hours to my mum and he loved her at first sight, as she loved him.

Khomet and his cheeky mate will end up in lots of my photos because they're always hanging around when anything is going on.

I'm really happy you were lucky to be saved, and thank you for caring about my brother, Beau.

Happy Christmas to you, Charlie, and your family too.

Love from Hammer

Sunshade said...

WOW C-K-C, are you gonna have a WHITE Christmas???? I wish I would too, but I dont' think so..... But your mom is right, it is hard to drive on that stuff. Mum didn't use my SunshadeMOBILE at all when we had snow back in Nov, cause she said she doesn't trust a Fix Or Repair Daily (FORD).

I LOVE that stocking of yours, Becky is sooo nice to have made it for you!!

Merry Christmas Charlie and your mom and dad, if I don't talk to you before then!!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Have a very merry x-mas guys!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Studly Dudley said...

CKC,

Thanks for the Christmas game tag!! What a fun game :) I wish it involved treats or tug'o'war though.

MY CARD is on its way to you right now!! Sorry it's so late.. I think it just took Mum a long time to spell "Albuquerque".. she is such a dinkus sometimes.

HAVE A HAPPY CHRISTMAS, and Fleas Navidad to you too!!

Cheerio!
Dudley

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Merry Christmas C-K-C!

I hope you get lots of chewy toys, treats and hugs, and have heaps of fun!

Luv your ol pal Chucksie Bux

wally said...

hey charlie--i'm a bit late wishing you happy wallydays! well, happy new year now!

i'm way north (and east) of you but we haven't gotten any of the white stuff which is ok for me. i have short legs and it makes, erm, doing my business, awkward.

wally.