Sunday, December 31, 2006

A snowy New Years Eve

Well, the snow finally stopped. We have about a foot of snow in our part of the city. Those who live nearer the mountain, in the northeast heights, have about 16-24 inches of snow. Most all church services were cancelled today. Mom and dad dug and lurched their way out of our driveway late yesterday to go to the grocery store to get last minute food things. Mom had to cancel her massage which has made her somewhat cranky. We had to cancel our bark park outing today so I am cranky. She will have to call after Tuesday to get a temporary inbetween massage. So- it snowed from 9am Friday morning until 3pm Saturday. It has broken all of NM records. Mom is tired of winter, dad is tired of winter, the 3 kitty sibs are tired of winter and I AM THE MOST TIRED OF WINTER OF ALL. I don't mind cool temps but this is the pits. It's supposed to go down to 13 degrees F tonight. Another night indoors (sigh.....).

Anyhow- here's the pictures. This first one is my mom's car becoming one with the tree and snow.



The second one is my Gma's driveway after dad dug her out today. The snow in the street is mostly ice.



The next one is me having a good time supervising dad putting out food and suet cages for the birds. That way me and my kitty sibs will have hours of enjoyment watching them.



The good thing about this snow is there probably won't be a lot of fireworks tonight. Hopefully people won't shoot off their guns either. Since it is going to get down to 10 degrees F tonight, there probably won't be as many party revelers as usual.

Anyhow I wish everydog, pup and hooman a Happy New Year.I am so grateful for the changes that everyone at DWB has made in my life as well as my mom and dad. My life is so enriched by all the dogs I have met on-line. Lets make this the best dog year ever!

C-K-C (one hour away from 2007)

P.S. Studly Dudley can be my boyfriend if he wants (I know his true heart is to Sunshade). Also Chester mentioned in my Christmas Card that he would like to be my boyfriend if we lived closer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't want an Aussie with an American accent for a girlfriend (or is it the other way around)? Anyhow, have a warmy New Year and me and my humans look forward to catching up with you this year. Woofs and wags!

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Hey C-K-C,

We hope that is the end of your snow since you don't like it too much. Thanks for being a friend in 2006 and we hope to spend more time with you in 2007! Stay warm!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Sam Iam said...

C-K-C~
Man did you get hit with that whit stuff.Can you save me a snowball,sniff-sniff

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

Sunshade said...

C-K-C!!!! I saw your snow on the news the other day, I think, the globe is definitely warming up......

Hey, but you seemed like you enjoyed the snow tho...hehe. Poor kitty sibs, if they don't mind the rain as much, they can come live with me temporarily!!

I am so happy to have met you too through blogging, we have become a big happy family!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your mommy and daddy!!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Studly Dudley said...

Oh CKC!! I can be your boofriend?? FOR REAL? Well.. I think all the snow in Albuquerque is going to melt soon.. because you and I are going to heat it up. And just to prove I was thinkin of ya, I tagged you in the New Year's Resolution game! Check out my bloggy for the rules :)

Loooove licks!
Dudley